Wednesday, March 16, 2011

GAMES GAMES GAMES

So as a kid I never played video games. I am really bad at using the controls and such. I do not own a gaming system.

Unfortunately, I have a best friend who does own a gaming system, is very generous, and actively encourages me to come over and play his games for exorbitant amounts of time. This means that I have gotten sucked into the RPG world on occasion. I'm not buying myself a gaming system. I don't want to become a total fuck-up at life.

Let us, then, speak of the two games I have played.

Fallout New Vegas: Right now I am at the bit where I have a Robo-puppy and I am attempting to procure a brain for it. I have to fight some mean guys in order to get the brain. This puppy is so noisy. Also I am going to marry Boone somehow, I swear. This game is on indefinite hold however, because my friend insisted that I switch to playing

Dragon Age: Origins. As a rogue city elf, I am extremely hot. I gave myself the darkest skin coloring possible. The game has a weird glitch where the skin tone is lighter on my neck and collarbones however. This makes me look like I have some horrendous disfiguring skin condition. Also, the game once glitched so that my hands became enormous and purple, and I held them out like an idiot. It did this even in the cut scenes.

I am almost at the endgame now! However I'm pretty sure I'll never beat it. :) Also I romanced both Alistair and Zevran in the game and I made them both totally fall for me, but I chose Alistair. I am such a bad person!

1 comment:

J. A. Rama said...

Oh goodness, I realized I haven't commented on your blog in forever. I am a recalcitrant reader and a recalcitrant writer. I have neglected my blog for far too long.

Rock on. I, God of Ephemera, am a bad nerd. I don't play video games. I would like to see my brothers's shocked little face if I ask him to show me how to play Red Dead Redemption.

But the look on my mother's face as the salesguy enthusiastically enumerated all the train robbery, gangsterness, hanging, and general violence that the game entails.